Who needs a visa to work in Germany?
- Citizens of the European Union, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Lichtenstein do not need a visa to work in Germany.
- Citizens from Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada, Korea, New Zealand or the US need a visa to work in Germany but do not need a visa to enter Germany.
- All other citizens need to apply for a visa to enter Germany source and another visa to work in Germany.
What kind of visas exists?
Anybody who has one of the following visas is allowed to live and work in Germany. We have detailed guides for the following visa types:
- How to get a freelance or business visa.
- How to get a work visa for employees.
- How to get a student visa.
- All about the Blue Card. The best option for highly qualified workers.
These visas give you access to residence permits.